Facilitating education with IKS can be hard work, but is rewarding and fun.
Here is some more information about staffing duties (Details Vary Depending on the Event):
- You can arrive the evening before the pre-party or on the day of the pre-party (If there is a pre-party)
- On the day of the pre-party, we do a setup shift (If we provide a dome, 4+ hours; otherwise 1 hour)
- Friday and Saturday you work shifts from approximately morning to evening (varies by event). During these shifts you mostly just watch our area, talk to passersby, update chalkboard schedules, and walk around with chalkboard signs advertising upcoming workshops. These shifts are usually free-form with people helping out throughout the day and coordinating time off as we go, you should have plenty of breaks, you can have them when you want generally. The hours can be long, but is very rewarding and we are a fun group.
- Sunday morning tear down shift (2+ hours, if we have the dome). We take down the dome, collect the IKS signs, and pack.
- You are required to be able to provide at least 2 workshops on any topic, any format, and skill level. Preferably not the same workshop, though in some cases that is acceptable. We cannot guarantee both workshops with make the schedule. We can help you develop topics or content if requested. This is part of your shifts.
- We require you to camp with the other IKS staff near the workshop space. This makes breaks easier and helps us develop community!
In exchange for helping the community educate each other, you get a ticket to the event, off by 6-7pm to enjoy music, the ability to tailor your schedule to your needs, and other perks that very by event. (Extras may include: meals, showers, limited vending rights, etcetera. Email iksdome.com for more information, or you will be updated when we respond to your application)
IKS 2017 Summer/Fall Workshop Tour (More To Be Announced)
- -Some Kind of Jam 11: April 27-30 @ Schuylkill Haven near Reading PA,
- -Pyro De Mayo Fest: May 4-7 @ Nelson Ledge’s in Garrettville OH,
- -Strangeland Music and Arts Fest: May 19-21 @ Sokol Park near Omaha NE [midwest team]
- -Revival Music Festival: May 26 @ Harmony Park Music Garden in Geneva MN
- -Love Fest in the Midwest: June 9-11 @ Sokol Park near Omaha NE [midwest team]
- -Project Earth: June 16-18 @ Harmony Park Music Garden in Geneva MN, [midwest team]
- -MadSummer Meltdown VI: June 22-265 @ Schuylkill Haven near Reading PA,
- -SubOctave Music Festival: July 20-22 @ Outback Ranch in Houston MN [midwest team],
- -Werk Out Music and Arts Festival: August 3-5 @ Legend Valley in Thornville OH,
- -Shangri-La Festival September 8-10 @ Harmony Park Music Garden, Geneva MN,
- -Meeting of the Minds IX: 9, Sept 28- Oct 1 @ Schuylkill Haven near Philadelphia PA,
- -More TBA, let us know what event you want to see IKS at in 2017!
Please fill it out the IKS Staff Application as soon as you can, we’ll choose presenters and finalize schedules at least 2-4 weeks before each event.